Thursday 19 April 2007

Knorr soup is the shizzu!

Are you like me in that you are constantly on the munch at work? I don't know what it is about sitting at a desk that gives me the urge to be nibbling on a cereal bar, or have a big fat mug of soup with my cup of coffee next to it, but I can feel the pounds piling on the more I do.

Anyway, I have been striving to find a great soup and today I think I found it! I tried the god awful Tesco Vegetable "Soup in a mug" the other day, or as I called it "1/3rd a Cup a Soup meets cornflour and dog gizz" and after that disaster I was a bit wary about my next soup purchase.

Amongst other things, Im a definite bargain hunter and often get suckered into the BOGOF offers in the local Tescos on our lunchtime missions, so my lunchtime munchies generally consist on whatever soups/pasta snacks are on offer this week.

Last week it was Cup a Soup buy 3 for £1.80 or something, all mediocre and tasting a bit weak compared to what it used to (doesn't everything these days?!) but not a bad deal. This week there was nothing.

Trying not to panic at the concept of not bagging a bargain and having to pay full price for soup I found what sounded like a good idea. Knorrs actual instructions involve simmering the soup for 5 minutes, but I figured "hey, its fucking soup... what can go wrong?" and you know what... I'm a fucking genius thats what!

I bagged a Minestrone and a Florida Spring Vegetable (whatever the hell that is) to test for 51p each. Given that its suggested making is around 3 mugs (900ml) I figured this was a great buy.. and its turned out to be the best soup ever, or at least the Minestrone has.

I reckon you could easily get 4 mugs out of one pack as my soup was extremely rich and seriously tasty. There was plenty of "bits" including some strands of thin spaghetti that were edible within a few minutes. Overall the flavour took a piss in Bachelors Cup a Soup minestrone and their whole entire range, and teabagged Tescos own brand Shit in a Mug several times. Knorrs soup has now become my soup of choice for day time guzzling.

Score : 5 mugs out of 5! :D

No comments: