Tuesday 20 March 2007

Copyright Law stomps another great website...

CD-Wow is getting the Lik-Sang treatment in another case of corperate scumfucks being able to use Copyright Law as the reason to force the UK into high retail prices with no other options.

Explain to me how this harms the artists and I'll go back to buying my albums in the UK. We are told time and time again we are to "support the artists" as a justification for the iron fist of the RIAA and things like this reiterate the greed element of the record industry. I want to support the artists I love but I won't be ripped off in the process - like Sonys shakedown on Lik-Sang, CD-Wow will just be another long gone Asian website that helped the consumer by offering the UK access to that level playing ground the rest of the world has access to.

You are lucky to find an album for under £10 at a retail outlet (average price for a cd is around £13 these days), and with CD-Wow offering most chart CDs for less than £7.99 delivered each, its easy to see why the big boys in the UK would be losing out... hell, it puts the pricing some where in line with the rest of the world! The last time I checked, the artists (i.e. the people I want to support) got paid on a per CD basis (who also get fucked by the Industry but from a different angle), and as every single CD CD-Wow sells is legitimate I would be doing my bit for them, but unfortuately the system doesnt get enough of a cut.

With CD sales declining (less and less original artists, more covers by cretins, more copy cat bands in a vain attempt to have a "current" artist on every label and expensive pricing in the UK all being factors for this), the UK has to do something to try and "win back" the buying public. Taking CD-Wow away from us isn't going to do them any favours.

Im tired and will finish this in the morning! ;)

No comments: